We are looking for a passionate, creative, enthusiastic and extremely organised Wedding & Events Manager with buckets of personality to join our award winning team.
This is a very hands on role and we are looking for someone with a real passion for hospitality who can oversee the delivery and execution of our events across multiple venues Scotland wide.
You will have responsibility for helping to manage all incoming business in relation to Events and Weddings. Maximising all bookings and ensuring follow through to all aspects of the event from initial enquiry to on the day management along with following up after successful operational delivery.
You will also be expected to manage a large banqueting team on event days. This role will be based on a three day week which will include Friday, Saturdays and one further day during the week which is flexible.
Not put of yet? Then you may just be the perfect fit for us!
Key Responsibilities of the Wedding & Events Manager include:
- To communicate clearly and efficiently with colleagues and clients to ensure the detailed requirements of each event are discussed and agreed in advanced
- To conduct pre-event meetings with clients and report back to management. Assist with bookings when required, from enquiry taking, chasing and managing events
- Preparation of Wedding Brochures, ensuring sufficient packs are available at all times
- Develop your own portfolio of venues and build strong relationships with the venue owners
- Engage with couples/clients which should reflect in the feedback/testimonials post event/wedding
- Help to build, develop and manage the weddings and events team
- Coordinating and processing all brochure requests and subsequent follow up
- To liaise with suppliers for events when required to help coordinate Wedding Showcases, Fairs and Exhibitions
- Complete post event calls with venues and clients to gather feedback and build relationships
- To have thorough product knowledge and an understanding of our brand
- To up sell additional products and services at every opportunity
- To be aware of competitor markets from both an offering perspective as well as customer awareness
- To set up the events as per client brief
- To organise and manage weddings and events on the day – operationally
- Breakdown and clear up of events
The Ideal Wedding & Events Manager:
You should be a highly organised individual who has worked previously in a similar environment; ideally will have external event experience, exceptional customer service skills and passion with an eye for detail. Due to the nature of our business every day is different; We could be in a field on the Isle of Skye one day and a Castle in Stirling the next so the ability to problem solve and think on your feet is essential.
We are looking for someone who can really get to know our clients and turn their ideas into a reality. We are looking for someone, who can think outside the box, come up with new and exciting ideas and doesn’t want to work in a generic environment.
- We offer a starting salary of 14k per year based on a 3 day working week
- 21 days holiday a year
- Open & honest communication
- A relaxed and productive atmosphere
- We understand you have a life out with work and as much as we ask for your flexibility with regards to the role, we understand that needs to work both ways. We want you to LOVE your job and making sure everyone has a work-life balance is key.
Please submit your CV and covering letter via the “Apply” button.
Due to the nature of this role you must hold a valid UK driving license and have access to your own vehicle.